Thursday, May 31, 2012

Update from Annie- May 31, 2012

Thank you, thank you, thank you...we have felt covered by your prayers this week!  I started my new chemo regime on Tuesday and so far it is going well.  Since both drugs in this regime were part of my presurgical treatment, I was well medicated for side effects.  This infusion takes about 4 hours.  So far the nausea has been mild and controllable, and the cold sensitivity is manageable.  God is good!!!

Our appointment with the Palliative Care doctors was incredible.  Again, thank you for your prayer cover.  We met with two different doctors for 2 1/2 hours.  Unbelievable!!!  They we so kind and compassionate, listened so carefully, and were so encouraging.  And....we have a plan, which is so much what I needed.  It may take a couple of weeks to "tweak" but we are hopeful.  I will wear a Fentanyl patch for long acting pain relief, and right now we trying to determine the dosage of that.  Then I will use a short acting narcotic for "break through" pain.  The goal being that I will need very little of that.  As the chemo drugs begin to "do their thing", and shrink the lymph nodes, (and we do know that these two drugs were successful in the past), the need for pain medication will lessen.  It has been a rather "interesting" few days as I am very susceptible to the short term pain meds and have been living in a fog and had to make a choice between the fog and the pain...but today is a new day, and a better day, praise God!

We have so much to praise God and be thankful for:
-that God is ever present
-that God is faithful
-that we can call out to Him with joy and thanksgiving, in pain, in fear
-for a new chemo regime that I seem to be able to tolerate
-for an incredible appointment with Palliative Care and a plan
-for relief from the pain
-family and friends who continue to love and support us...phone calls, visits, encouraging emails
-faithful prayer warriors

And much we are praying for:
-that God would continue to be glorified
-that the setbacks of the past week would not cause our faith, or the faith of anyone, to waiver
-that we continue to trust in God's plan
-that my new chemo regime would kill EVERY cancer cell in my body, shrinking the lymph nodes, reducing the pain, and preventing the spread of the cancer to any other nodes, or anywhere else
-that we could get my pain in control
-that God would bind Satan out.
-hope 
-peace
-my family...this is an incredible difficult path to be walking, draining physically, mentally, and spiritually.  Please pray that each would be protected, supported, loved and cared for.

This week I have experienced incredible disappointment, felt incredible hope, times of despair and times of peace, but I have never felt alone, God has prepared a way for me, and is walking, or carrying me, each step along the way...I could not do this without Him, and without each of you.  Thank you's do not seem to be enough, but please know what a blessing you all are to me, and know that I am praying for you as well, that you too would be blessed by our big, strong, mighty God.  You are Christ to me.

As my pain gets under control, I would look forward to short visits...a cup of coffee...a chance to get caught up on what is going on in your lives....to share a prayer....to get/give a hug.  More on that in the next week or two!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment