Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday Morning Request- May 22

I just spoke with my Dad and he asked me to ask each of you to pray specifically for my mom's upcoming biopsy.  The biopsy was thought to be scheduled this morning at 9am...which was about an hour ago. The nurse came in to my mom's room to relay the message that the are working with the international radiologist's schedule to fit my mom's biopsy in...with that said, it could be today sometime or later this week...we just don't know which is hard because it means more waiting. They are still uncertain as to how the biopsy will take place and hoping to gain more clarity as the day progresses.

Would you please join us in praying...
-That the international radiologist would be available TODAY and have clear discernment as to how to proceed with the biopsy
-That the nodes would miraculously be JUST swollen as a result of the narrowing of the pancreatic duct
-That the cancer would remain GONE
-That peace would transcend each of our understandings as this time of uncertainty and waiting is hard and wearing
-That as my parents wait that they may have sweet PEACE-FILLED time together
-That God would continue to receive all the Glory

One of your gracious hearts shared this truth that I thought I might include as a praise for all of your encouragement and support.  In response to my desire to pound on God's chest a friend wrote...

"Pound away. That chest is infinitely big. 

Be still, and know that I am God- Psalm 46:10

And as you settle into that thought it becomes more refined:

Be still, and know that I am God
Be still and know that I am
Be still and know
Be still
Be"

It is easy for the stillness of this time of waiting to be deafening...but we must remember that we are called to simply be still in trust & hope, no part of God's character has changed in the past 48 hours and nothing will cause it to change in the next...none of this is coming as a surprise to our Heavenly Father.

Until the next update...be blessed & thank you for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment