Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Prayer Request- May 30, 2012

Good Morning.

I just received a phone call from my mom...asking for prayer as she and my dad are headed to meet with a Palliative Care doctor. 

Her immediate request is that the Palliative Care Team would have ideas to help with managing her pain. We are uncertain as to what is causing the pain, but don't believe that it is related to last week's stomach issues. There is a chance that the swollen nodes (due to the cancer) could be causing the pain. Her prayer is that the pain would be managed to a tolerable point as she (and all of us) wait for the chemo drugs to do their work on shrinking the cancerous cells. We know that the cancer is receptive to these drugs as they are some of the same drugs as before...they simply don't work overnight as we wish they could. 

Today's Praises...
-A new day!
-Meeting with the Palliative Care Team
-That the chemo is in her body and that the infusion went as well as we had hoped (My mom promised to send an update about yesterday something tonight or tomorrow)

Today's Prayers...
-That the Palliative Care Team would be patient and compassionate
-That the Palliative Care Team would have creative and constructive ideas for pain management that can get started today
-That my mom's pain would be managed and she would experience relief today (within the next 24 hours as the chemo side effects will probably kick in sometime tomorrow)
-That Satan would be bound...and that my mom and dad's hearts would be protected from fear
-That the chemo drugs would work and the cancerous cells would be eradicated
-That we may all be able to enjoy some sweet time together
-For peace that roars and rushes like a raging river
-That God would continue to be glorified throughout this journey

Last night my mom mentioned the song "I've got peace like a river...I've got peace like a river...I've got peace like a river in my soul" running through her head all day yesterday...we pray for that peace to be restored!

Just this morning I read this in Linda Dillow's book A Deeper Kind of Calm: Steadfast Faith in the Midst of Adversity ...
Hebrews 11:1 reminds us of what faith is..."Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen"..."Faith is holding God's hand as you walk through the fog. When you can't see, when you don't understand because fog blurs your vision, look beyond the fog to the Expert in Fog Removal. Make a secret choice to rust God's way...As we journey through the 'valley of weeping' (fog), we cannot see the entire picture...on this side of eternity, all the symphonies are unfinished, all stories are incomplete. We only see the events surrounding us. Our myopic vision keeps us from seeing "the other side of the story" the conclusion that we will not understand until we see His face" [in Heaven].

This struck me because we all feel like we are in a fog right now...so uncertain of this new bend in the road as we continue this journey...remembering that God's Hand is leading us (even carrying us...specifically my mom) provides such comfort.

Thank you for going before our Heavenly Father on my mom's behalf...I am certain that every one's knees will become calloused as this journey continues.

Also, on the blog is a photo that my mom gave me a few months back...reminding me of our Ultimate Shelter...if you look close, there are two baby birds snugly wrapped underneath their momma's wings...this morning I am struck by the reminder that that is where my mom (our family and each of you) are as well...He is our Ultimate Refuge.

May your day and hearts be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment