Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Answered Prayers!

I just received a call from my dad that my mom's biopsy was just completed! Yes, COMPLETED...today...not later this week. The interventional (not international...thanks to auto-spell correct) radiologist reported that the procedure went well. They went through her back with NO complications. The procedure could have been precarious in that they had to 'navigate' around several things to get into the area where the swollen nodes are located. They were able to get the tissue sample that they needed and have sent it off to pathology and we now wait, again, for the report. The radiologist said it could be 2-3 days before we hear anything even preliminary. As of now, my mom is resting. She will most likely be discharged in the morning, assuming everything goes to plan. My mom's chemo (which was supposed to take place today) has been rescheduled for Friday of this week. We are praying that she would be able to get her chemo as scheduled on Friday and that we would be able to celebrate GOOD & CLEAR news going into this holiday weekend.
Would you please join us in praising God..
-That the radiologist was available TODAY and had clear discernment as to how to proceed with the biopsy
-That the procedure went well
-That even the valet worker at the hospital noticed the praise music being played in the car when bringing it back from the parking lot and commented on how much he enjoyed hearing it (seriously...even in the smallest of ways, God's hand is in this situation)
Would you please join us in continuing to pray...
-That the nodes would miraculously be JUST swollen as a result of the narrowing of the pancreatic duct
-That the cancer would remain GONE
-That peace would transcend each of our understandings as this time of uncertainty and waiting is hard and wearing
-That as my parents wait that they may have sweet PEACE-FILLED time together
-That chemo would be able to continue on Friday
-That we may be able to celebrate a CLEAR report this weekend as we are planning to head up to the cabin for Memorial Weekend
-That God would continue to receive all the Glory
Several of you continue to share words that spur our hearts on, thank you thank you thank you, your prayers and encouragement are such a gift. May each of your hearts be blessed.
"You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name will lift up my hands. I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. I cling to you, your right hand upholds me." Psalm 63: 1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment