Saturday, January 14, 2012

As the sun is about to rise over the horizon...and peak through my mom's hospital room window our prayer is that my mom (and dad's) heart would be reminded of Lamatations 3:21-23...

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."


As this first official day of recovery begins, we are reminded of these verses in 2 Samuel...

"You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop my God can scale a wall. "As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord's word is flawless' he shields all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. He makes my feet like the feet of deer; he causes me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You make your saving help my shield; you help has made me great. You provide a broad path for my feet so that my ankles do not give way. I pursued my enemies and crushed them; I did not turn back till they were destroyed. I crushed them completely, and they could not rise; they fell beneath my feet. You armed me with strength for battle; you humbled my adversaries before me. You made my enemies turn their backs in flight, and I destroyed my foes." " 2 Samuel 22: 29-41

God's Word is such a gift, it is active (Hebrews 4:12) and speaks in ways that bring such hope and encouragement...this passage in 2 Samuel provides a reminder and glimpse of God's hand throughout this journey that my mom is on. 

-God continues to be our lamp...he has turned the darkness of this Goliath into light vs. 29
-With God's gracious help, my mom and Dr. V, advanced against the tumor 'troop'!  vs. 30
-With God's help she will continue to scale this wall, this summit of surgery and recovery! vs. 30
-God's way continues to be perfect...His hand prints and shield of protection continue to be evident throughout this journey vs. 31
-His Word is flawless...we are so grateful for how He has and continues to provide Scripture (through each of your help) to encourage and speak to our hearts vs. 31
-God is the one who has armed my mom with strength and made her way through this journey secure vs. 33
-He has made her feet like that of deer, able to stand on heights when everything in her own nature has been tempted to curl up in a ball and give up...may this only continue! vs. 34
-He has trained and prepared her for a quite literal battle and allowed her to be ready for this 'challenge' of bending this bow of bronze vs. 35
-He has and continues to be her saving help and shield, He provided a broad path that path being eligible for surgery...He didn't allow her ankles to give way...her body remained capable of traveling the path He provided. vs. 37
-With God's help, this enemy, this Goliath has been crushed and has fallen beneath her feet vs. 39
-He armed her (and all of us) with strength for battle...for the chemo, the surgery, the waiting and now the recovery. vs. 40
-We pray that her 'foe' has been destroyed vs. 41


Thank you for your continued prayers, support and encouragement. Please continue to pray boldly AGAINST lymph involvement and complete & miraculous healing.
We will be sure to continue sharing updates, praises and requests as today and this recovery transpire.  Enjoy the sunrise as I am sure it will be breathtaking from that hospital room!
May your Saturday be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment