Saturday, August 10, 2013

Prayer Request - August 10, 2013

I woke up this morning to the cry of a loon, a majestic pink sunrise, and the lake as smooth as glass.  Yes, this is my "happy place".  I have been in a very good place these last few weeks.  I am tolerating the new chemo treatments much better than last summer.  I am trying a new drug to combat the neuropathy and it has changed the tingling pain from a very sharp, needle prick to a dull buzz which is much more tolerable, and I am completing a cancer physical rehab program that has really improved the quality of my lift.  I can now walk, slowly, up to two miles, manage a flight of stairs comfortably, and am getting stronger every day.  If fact, yesterday I carried my very sleepy grandson, all 50 pounds of him into the dairy for dinner.  My vertigo is gone after only two sessions with the physical therapist.  Thank you God....for placing all these wonderful people in my life to help me to encourage me and to care for me.  God continues to meet my every need and then some.  The best part of the summer has been enjoying my two BIG grandchildren and getting to know the two LITTLE ones.  It is all very ordinary, but the ordinary is precious.
 
I would like to ask you to pray with us in the next few days.  I have a follow up PET/CT scan on Monday.  We are praying boldly that the cancer in the lymph nodes will be gone and that there would be no indications of cancer anywhere else.  I read in a devotion last week that "trust is believing that God can, and faith is believing that God will".  I have faith that our God will heal.
 
Thank you for your continued prayers and support.  May you be blessed as you have blessed me.
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment