Monday, April 15, 2013

Prayer Request - April 15, 2013

We are continuing to praise God for last week's scan, thank you for celebrating with us and thank you thank you thank you for your prayers. We have another specific request that has developed today, thank you for joining us in continuing to boldly pray for God's gracious and miraculous Hands to continue to be at work. Below is my mom's email update. We'll keep you posted. Thank you. Be blessed.


I have a huge pray request. The enemy is on the prowl.  While we have been praising and thanking God for the good news of the latest scan, our new insurance has denied the chemo drug I am currently taking. We will appeal, but since I am scheduled to begin another cycle on Thursday, it is unlikely to be resolved before then. The drug costs $12,000 a month, yes, that is three zeros after the 12! My doctor says she has never seen it denied before. My insurance company's stipulation is that the drug be given in conjunction with radiation, (what would they radiate???) or Gemcytabine, which is the drug that already failed to arrest the spread to the lymph nodes. This is not like the pancreatic enzymes that "make me more comfortable" and allow me to eat a wider range of foods, this is the drug that we are using to keep the cancer from returning. I am asking you to ask God boldly, in the name of His son Jesus that Medica would reverse their decision.  That is what we will be doing, trusting that God, through whom all things are possible,will provide a solution. Thank you for your faithfulness.
"You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it" John 14:14

No comments:

Post a Comment