Wednesday, May 7, 2014

PRAISE GOD, CLEAR SCAN!! - May 7th 2014

Good morning!
 
When our children were little, their choir director told the parents the importance of children learning the "great hymns" of our faith, as well as newer praise and worship songs, that times of great joy and times of sorrow would come, and they could draw on those words of comfort and praise.  It is true for the parents as well.  Many times I find myself singing songs from their musicals, singing hymns from my childhood....Today it is "I stand, I stand in awe of You"...God has again answered our prayers for a clear scan!  When I got the written report, I jumped immediately to the last section, "impressions" and shouts of praise and joy rang out as I read the words "no indication of metastatic disease"!!!  Thank you so much for praying with me and my family.  We are truly grateful.  We give all the glory to God!  I will continue to learn lessons of faith and trust as I will now see my oncologist once every 8 weeks, a change from the every 4 weeks of the last two years, and the interval between scans will increase from three to four months.
 
It has been a long winter for me, and from a weather perspective, for all of us up here in the north country.  I believe spring is finally here, you can smell a freshness in the breeze, the grass is greening up, leaves are beginning to unfold on the trees.  For this, I am thankful.  It is a constant reminder that God is with us....always.  A very dear friend of mine has gone home to live with Jesus.  When she was diagnosed with lung cancer last fall, we began walking the road together.  God gave me the opportunity to share with her little things I had learned...but in the end, it was me learning from her.  I miss her so much! 
 
I do have a few things that we can be praying for together.  In April I got Shingles, not fun, but the residual pain and itching is actually worse making it difficult to sleep.  The nerves have been inflamed and have to "settle down" and I have been told that it can take months.  While being awakened in the night is frustrating, I have had some pretty sweet prayer time...there is a purpose in all things. Please join me in praying that my nerves would calm down.
 
I continue to have the tingling and burning from the neuropathy.  The TENS unit has not been especially successful, however the cream that I am using provides some relief.  I don't think it is worsening, but rather that I am tired, and less tolerant.  I am thankful for warmer weather that allows me to wear much more comfortable flip flops rather than winter boots and shoes. I would appreciate continued prayer that the neuropathy would ease up, and boldly, that it would be gone.
 
Thank you for walking with me on this journey.  I pray that you have seen the healing hand of God, and I pray that you share this as encouragement to others, that each of us would grow deeper in our faith, trusting only God and giving Him the glory and honor He so deserves.  Each of you is a very special blessing to me, and to my family, and I pray that you to will be blessed.
 
"Our God is an awesome God, he reigns from heaven above..."
Annie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment