Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Scan Update - January 15, 2013

Raising our hands, shouting it out, giving all glory and honor and praise to our mighty, merciful, healing God.   Knelling down, bowing in prayers of thanksgiving!   
 
My scan was clear....my doctor calls me stable, we call it a miracle!  Thank you so much for your prayers, there is no doubt God listens.

So now, what does this mean?  I have quite significant peripheral neuropathy, (I have no feeling in my fingers and toes), which is most likely caused by one of the two chemo drugs I was taking.  There is no way of knowing if this is permanent.  So, we will discontinue the chemo drug believed to be causing the side effect, which I have been taking for nearly twice as long as most patients, and continue indefinitely with the other drug that has fewer side effects.  We will wait 6-8 weeks to see is the neuropathy subsides, if not there are some drug and electrical stimulation therapies we could try.  One change at a time, I can be patient.  I will continue to see my oncologist monthly, and will have another scan in April. Our ongoing prayer is that there will be NO breakthrough...that the cancerous cells are indeed miraculously gone!

Please join my family and I as we praise God for His faithfulness, we have indeed been blessed, not by anything we did, but by a very gracious, loving God.  May you too be blessed!
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment