Monday, August 13, 2012

Wedding Update & Purple Ride Reminder

My mom sent this email earlier today...once again, her words are better than mine. Thank you so much for all of your prayers and encouragement...especially this past week. Also, at the bottom of this email is a link to the Purple Ride's Praying For Annie M Team site. Just a reminder to sign up if you are interested (the blog www.prayingforanniem.blogspot.com) has more information on the August 7th post)...we are looking forward to a purple-filled joyous ride!!! Be blessed.
From my mom...
God has been so graciously answering our prayers for Jamey and Katie's wedding week/weekend! I would like to take a few moments to thank each of you for faithfully lifting our family in prayer and share with you a few events of the week so you too can see just how present God was with us.
-The week began with me not feeling well at all, and I was overwhelmed and discouraged, you all prayed with us, and not only did I feel physically better, but I was able to give over to God my discouragement and truly trust Him to fill me with His strength, energy, and encouragement.
-12 brand new shirts to the laundry, 4 come back stained.....re-cleaned....perfect....Satan overcome
-rehearsal dinner dress....three trips to the tailor for alterations....finally fits....God triumphs
-pick up my dress for the wedding.....stains all down the front....how did that happen when the tags are still attached????....God and Halmark Cleaners....dress looks new again
-The "flower lady" bailed on me on Wednesday evening for the Friday rehearsal dinner. I was frantic until I was reminded to stop and trust God. More prayer, another phone number and a new and wonderful "flower lady" offered to provide the flowers. We picked them up at the Farmer's Market on Friday morning; they were all ready to go in bins and beautiful. More answered prayer.
-Sara, Amanda and a dear friend Barb helped cut stems and arrange flowers Friday morning and we were on our way home by noon....more answered prayer as I was able to take a much needed nap before the dinner.
-A last minute "hitch" in the rehearsal dinner menu....stop, pray....crisis averted, dinner was yummy, guests enjoyed themselves and God blessed us with a perfect evening to enjoy the sunset from the rooftop of Stella's.
-A break in the heat and a picture perfect Minneapolis summer day on Saturday, not too hot, not to chilly, no raindrops, light breeze, no bugs....perfect....thank you God!
-Beautiful God honoring ceremony led by a Spirit-filled pastor joined Jamey and Katie creating a new Christ centered family....we are blessed.
Satan worked extra hard last week to distract me....God prevailed at all times, in all things, and I believe many felt His powerful presence with us this weekend. God has blessed us with beautiful children who love the Lord. We are blessed and God is glorified.
To each of you, thank you for your faithful prayer coverage over this past weekend. There is no doubt that God heard and answered our prayers. I am now heading into what I call my "off week", my last oral chemo for this cycle is this evening and then my body has a week to recover before a new cycle next week. I will be having another scan next week and covet your prayers for good news; continued shrinking of the involved lymph nodes and no indication of any further spread of the cancer. We continue to pray that we can witness to others God's power, mercy, faithfulness and many blessings and that God will be glorified.
Loving you,
Annie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment